This presentation will be about how to use older PC's to get that something else done on a computer without spending a lot of money.
1. What you can do with older PCs
2. How to take mature Pentiums and make them useful
3. Where to get a free computer!
4. What you can use that old computer in your basement for.
5. What operating systems (and versions) to install
6. Where to get all the free software you'll want -- to do ANYTHING you want
7. How to judge what software is appropriate to run on various mature Pentiums
8. How to "anonymize" your old PC before giving it away to charity
Howard Fosdick is an independent DBA consultant in the Chicago area who works hands-on with Oracle databases. He's also advised software and hardware vendors about the database market and technologies.
IIT Rice Campus Room 103 201 East Loop Road Wheaton, IL 60187-8489Directions to IIT - Rice Campus in Wheaton
From the North or South: From I-355 (North-South Tollway), exit westbound at Rt.56/Butterfield Road and proceed west 3 1/2 miles on B utterfield Road to East Loop Road. Turn right onto East Loop Road (Phillip's 66 Gas Station on the corner); the campus will be on your right about a block north of Butterfield Road, behind Cozymel's. Park in the Student parking lot behind the building. Room 103 is the first room inside the north enterance.
From the I-294 (Tri-State Tollway), take the I-88 (East-West Tollway) westbound and follow directions "From the East or West" below.
From the East or West: From I-88 (East-West Tollway), take the Naperville Road exit. At the traffic light, turn left onto Naperville Road and continue north for 1\275 miles to Rt. 56/Butterfield Road. Turn right onto Rt. 56/Butterfield Road and proceed 1/4 mile to the first traffic light (East Loop Road). Turn left on to East Loop Road, ( Phillip's 66 Gas station on the corner); the campus will be on your right about a block north of Butterfield Road, behind Cozymel's. Park in the Student parking lot behind the building.Room 103 is the first room inside the north enterance.
For more information about UniForum Chicago contact firstname.lastname@example.org.